Level 1 certification provides recognition of the qualifications and competence of individuals to perform ultrasound measurements and analysis for machinery condition monitoring.
Personnel classified as level 1 will be able to:
- Apply a specified ultrasound measurement technique, scan mode or contact mode.
- Set up and operate the ultrasound equipment for safe ultrasound data collection.
- Verify the integrity of collected data and prevent or control poor data and error sources.
- Perform basic fault detection, severity assessment, and diagnosis.
- Maintain a database of results and trends.
- Evaluate and report test results.
- Recognize and prevent or control factors that result in the acquisition of poor quality data.
Maintenance personnel, machine operators, plant managers. It is not essential to have prior knowledge of this methodology.